November 13, 2012

Calaguas Part 1: Where time starts and stops at the same time


I was always on the look out for airfare promos. Not only that it's way cheaper than the normal fare, I have more time to do research ( DIY traveler here).



View of Mount Isarog from Naga Airport


The Calaguas group of islands is located at the eastern side of the country. It is under the jurisdiction of the province of Camarines Norte.Although the province is more popular because of the Caramoan islands,we opted for the less touristy option hoping that we'll find the isolation we needed.



Timeless Mount Isarog

The journey was not a walk in the park. In total, we had to endure 4 hours of road travel plus 2 hours of boat ride.All these was on top of the 45 minute flight from Manila.

But as the road stretched into the unknown and sitting on a fisherman's boat in the middle of the ocean seemed like a lifetime,I realized that the longer it took us to get there,the more we become hungry with what the island has to offer.



Kuya Nelson's ride

Kuya Nelson( 09095259821) ,the owner of several boats in Paracale was more than accomodating. He let us borrow his own cooking utensils and had always answered my queries patiently even before the trip. After buying our supplies for our 2 night stay, we head towards their pier.

I was nervous. I've read a lot of blogs reporting that the 2 hour boatride would be really scary.Hopefully it's not worse than that of Malapascua in Cebu.

Daddy, thank you for all these.

Mahabang Buhangin was the most popular among all the islands of Calaguas. I did my research well but as soon as the white stretch of paradise came into sight, I knew why many wouldn't mind going through the same route over and over and over again. I felt blessed. I can't help but utter a prayer thanking the One above with all this beauty.




Check out my Calaguas series:


>Calaguas : Where Time Stops and Starts at the Same Time Part 2

>Travel Guide : Calaguas


2 comments:

  1. I've just been to Calaguas last week..Kuya Nelson lost his cellphone..His new # is 09095259821

    ReplyDelete